Search This Blog

Wednesday, August 24, 2011

Kickoffs, Football, and Cheerleading Season

Seems that you can almost feel it in the air, the anticipation of kickoffs. Whether it is recreational neighborhood leagues, high school teams or those always loved SEC and NFL teams, seems that everybody gets excited waiting for it.

Me, personally, I am the mother of three girls, we have cheered for what is going to be my 19th year as a cheer mom, 16 of which I coached and the last 10 consecutive years I have been at the high school with a cheerleader, only 3 more seasons to go. (Whew! That sounds scarry even to me when you write it like that.) So around here we are getting our uniforms ready, making sure our shoes shine and that we have our ribbons in our bag. The town pep rally is Thursday and the first High School home game is Friday. Then season will be off and running!


As a cook, I look forward to tasting and gathering recipes from other moms for the tailgating parties. Seems that in the South we have a totallly different appreciation for the sport. Don't believe me? Then ride through Athens, GA on game day and shout, "Roll Tide!" Or take a trip through Tuscaloosa and mention that you prefer Auburn. Yeah trust me that will make a believer out of you.

All in all you can almost smell it in the air, feel it in your bones. Women are shopping for gameday attire and men are placing bets. Because of all of that, I have been adding new items to our college section of our webstore and will be adding more daily. Check your favorite team section, if you don't see what you are looking for, let me know, I can probably get it. http://www.thesouthernjewelrybox.com/collegiate.html

I am SO excited about this season! If you have photos or great tailgating recipes, please send them to me so that we can share. I mean, that's what good Southern women do, right?

1 comment:

  1. Enjoy these last 3 years. When it's over you'll sit back and wonder what the heck you're going to do with your Friday and Saturday nights.

    ReplyDelete